Position: Swing Bed Program Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: CNO
Job Summary: Will perform utilization review, patient care coordination and discharge planning in accordance with all Federal and State regulatory requirements related to Swing Bed criteria; assures and maintains compliance with regulatory changes affecting utilization and patient care management. Responsible and accountable for the Care Management of all Swing Bed patients to facilitate efficient, cost effective, quality care, including appropriate utilization of resources, proactive discharge, planning and continuity of care, multidisciplinary team approach and patient advocacy. Will act as the primary agent on the multidisciplinary care team to facilitate the referral intake process by providing timely dissemination and communication of patient referral records for multidisciplinary care team review and acceptance process. Responsible for formulating a discharge plan for each patient from the point of swing bed admission through final transition of care, including post hospital follow up. Additional duties as assigned to the job and deemed necessary to perform task.
- Current RN Licensure in state of Kentucky and must remain active with all licensure requirements on annual basis is required
- BSN Degree preferred
- Prefer at least a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an acute or subacute medical surgical or long-term care clinical role with 1-2 years of case management experience in health care environment
- Current BLS certification is required
- Case management Certification is preferred
- Basic computer knowledge, highly developed organizational skills
- Knowledge of criteria for Medicare, Medicaid and all third-party payor sources for swing bed criteria for admission
- Knowledge of InterQual criteria for admission and continued stay requirements
- Must demonstrate a positive and respectful attitude
- Ability to lead and facilitate process improvement
Application Period: December 19, 2022 until filled.
Wayne County Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer